• hr
  • en
  • de
  • it
  • fr

11. Crekvina

In the place of the former Church of Saint Mary's Assumption which was destroyed in devastating earthquakes in 1750 and in 1754, the Jesuits, in the 18th century, started building a huge church of the same name which has never been confirmed as being finished. There are only a few tales about the construction of the church left. The remains of the church, which the people of Kastav named Crekvina, were turned into a promenade at the beginning of the 20th century from which one can take a walk starting from the former apse to the Loza woods and all the way to Lužina via a pathway all the way to Klana. Kastav is one of only a few towns from which the forest with three paths is just a step away.

Photo gallery

Newsletter