Enable accessibility
  • Hrvatski
  • English
  • Deutsch
  • Italiano
  • Français

6. Voltica

The entrance to the town nucleus is through the Voltica (the town’s gate) which was refurbished in 1731 during the Jesuit rule of Kastav. Above the baroque stone portal, a coat of arms of the Jesuit order was placed in 1769. In the past, firm wooden doors at the town entrance were closed at sunset and opened at sunrise.

Photo gallery